Working in Security Operations is a big deal as we play a key role in keeping Virgin Money safe. We’re on an exciting journey with a big vision as we grow our team to enhance our security and cyber operations.
The Cyber design team is a small team of designers reporting to the Cyber Program Manager within the wider Technology Operations & Cyber Security team, that is accountable for delivery of Cyber solutions and designs. The team works closely with both internal colleagues and external 3rd parties, responsible for ensuring change across Cyber is managed and controlled effectively, developing robust, secure & resilient solutions to protect the banks customers and colleagues’ data and services.
The Cyber Lead Solutions Architect is part of this dynamic, high-performing change delivery team and will be accountable for driving innovation and solutions to deliver the Cyber strategy including the design of the solution and platform in an E2E capacity.
What you’ll be doing…
- Define the solution and design, meeting business requirements, architecture, security and deliverability.
- Identify risks emerging out of existing/new technology being implemented within the group and raise at appropriate level.
- Support the reuse, and enhancement of platforms and assets.
- Drive designs in keeping with platforms and/or project commitments and ensuring they meet agreed standards.
- Contribute strongly to evolution of design practices, governance, and continuous improvement.
- Support the Business, Enterprise Architecture and Technology colleagues to ensure that design options are effectively evaluated and that robust recommendations are made.
- Run design forums and workshops with developer, operational and business colleagues. Third party vendors will often be involved as well.
- Providing specialist knowledge and experience in Cyber solutions architecture and design.
- Improve our delivery through innovation, continuous improvement and automation to support delivery of change.
We need you to have…
- Experience in a range of Cyber technologies including, on-prem and cloud.
- Experience and expertise in leading solution architecture.
- Experience and delivery within Security NIST framework.
- Experience of working in waterfall and agile environments.
- The ability to work with both Business and Technology stakeholders to build personal credibility in shaping of solutions to business problems.
- An understanding and experience of design governance.
It’s a bonus if you have but not essential…
- Experience of delivering cyber solutions in financial organisation.
- Understanding of Zero Trust and modern Identity centric security architectures.
- Knowledge of Azure Cyber Security Architecture.
- Knowledge of Information Security concepts such as encryption using keys, SSL or HTTPS.
To apply for this job please visit careers.virginmoney.com.