We’re back, it’s back. The North East’s biggest cyber security festival is back for its fifth year!
Each year when I sit down to plan for the upcoming festival, I say to myself that we won’t have as many events as the last one and yet each year we seem to have more. This time is no exception. Fortunately I have a team helping me.
So far, #CyberFest22 supported by Waterstons, has 14 events lined up throughout September covering all aspects of cyber security across the region, with something for everyone. We may even have a couple more to add.
All the events will be physical this year, from Wallsend to Darlington, Sedgefield to Hexham, aimed at different audiences including technicians, business people, young people and artists.
Some of the details are still being added and subject to change. Here is what we have planned:
- BSides Newcastle, 1-3 at Helix Newcastle
- Innovation is the best form of defence, 6 at Durham University
- Online fraud is a crime, 8 at Centre for Professional and Executive Development (CPED) Darlington
- Improving patient outcomes through secure HealthTech, 13 in Newcastle
- Protecting my small business in an online world, 14 at Aspire Gateshead
- Developing the Cyber Security Innovation Delivery Partnership, 14 at Port of Tyne
- Crafty Cyber Eyes Wide Open, 15 at Creative Fuse North East conference, Northumbria University
- Managing Cyber Security Risk in the Space Market , 15 at NetPark
- Simple steps to protect your business in an online world, 20 at Stellium Data Centre, Cobalt Park
- ISNorth East, 21 at to be confirmed
- Businesses have an ethical responsibility to be secure online, 21 at Brewin & Dolphin, Newcastle
- CBI – Cybersecurity for Finance Directors: The Cost to Business, 22 at Waterstons Durham
- Staying Safe from Online Threats, 27 at Hexham
- Season finale, 29 in Newcastle.
Explore the event programme and book your free tickets here.
I hope to see you there.